how to reset scd0

Hi,

how can I reset /dev/scd0 without rebooting?

This device is an SATA blueray player I was using to write something
onto a DVD RW. When it turned out that writing would take a
ridiculously long time (5--6 hours), I aborted the process. Now the
drive seems the be in an unsable state. It takes ridiculously long to
even write a DVD R, and writing DVD Rs now always fails (I wasted two
already).

Neiter hdparm -w nor wodim -reset or wodim -abort can be performed on
this device.