Re: 'exim', version '4.69', is out of date

On Wed December 9 2009, Camaleón wrote:
> - Rkhunter is just doing its job: it advices you there is a newer version
> available for those packages and that's right. Is up to you upgrading
> them or not.
>
> I, personally, would not take any step :-)
>

> No one's fail.
>
> Juts remember that upgrading a package is not a easy task: many things
> can fail (other packages can depend on just one package, Exim, by
> instance)and that is the reason why stable  versions are not upgraded "in
> place". Just security patches are included by default.

thanks for the insightfull comments, I appreciate them! after going through a
few years of SUSE updates & crashes, I think I like the stability of Debian,
so I will take your advice and leave it alone. My wife appreciates me leaving
it alone too:) she gets a little cranky when I CHANGE things, and they
BREAK..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800