Re: Flash plugin problem - cant click - amd64 unstable

Cameron Hutchison <lists@xdna.net> writes:

>Is anyone else having problems with the flash plugin
>(flashplugin-nonfree) on unstable on a 64-bit platform?

>On some sites, the flash videos load but the plugin seems to ignore my
>mouse clicks so I can't start the video playing. This does not happen on
>all sites - snotr.com works ok, but the video on this page:

>http://www.heatbeads.com.au/bbq-tips/44-bbq-tips/149-how-to-light-weber-bbq-heat-beads.html

>does not work. I cannot interact with the player at all. All my clicks
>are ignored. I can right click to get the context menu, but if I select
>"Settings..." I get a dialog that I cannot interact with.

I forgot to mention that I am using Iceweasel, although that was
probably assumed.

Thanks to the info reported by Kumar, Camaleón and Tyler, I've isolated
the problem to my window manager - fvwm2.

If I start a gnome session with metacity, the flash plugin works
properly. When running with fvwm2, I get the problems described above.

Camaleón's workaround works for me too - that is, right click for the
context menu, then double left-click on the button you want to activate.

Why a left-click seems to go "through" the window, but a right-click
does not is beyond me. I'll fiddle with my fvwm config and see if I can
make a difference.