Re: Suggestions for desktop search application

Camaleón skrev:
I'm looking of a desktop search utility that can to search mainly within (inside) documents, mostly "pdf" and "odt" files, but not limited to these ones (if it also could index Icedove e-mails would be great).

I was using Beagle (not so long time ago) under openSUSE and was pretty good for this task but I don't know about any other options available -if any- under Debian (Lenny).

Beagle is available in debian as well.

I used strigi for a while, but I do not remember why I chose that over beagle. Another option also available in debian seems to be doodle, but I have never tried that.

/ johan