Re: live cd/usb projects?

Thanks a lot for the detailed instruction Rob, really appreciate it.

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 20:52:34 -0500, Rob Owens wrote:

> 9) With your USB drive inserted and not mounted:
>
> (replace "X" with the proper letter for your device) dd if=binary.img
> of=/dev/sdX

Several questions regarding this step:

- what's the underlying file system does the binary.img have, vfat?
- what bootloader does it use?
- is there any other way to install the content, say copy into a ext3
partition?
- how can I create an .iso file instea?

I know all above questions are of RTFM ones (though scattered all over
the places), so please ignore me if they bother you.

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/