Re: Iceape update in Squeeze has erased (?) bookmarks [SOLVED]

Jochen Schulz wrote:
AG:

I have now located the bookmark.html file and cp'd that over to the
seamonkey directory.

And it works?

Apparently, yes.

Now I need to recover the passwords - does anyone know what those might
be called under Iceape?

Firefox/Iceweasel uses, IIRC, the files secmod.db and signons*. But that
is documented somewhere on mozilla.org, you should be able to find exact
instructions there.

Cheers!  That confirms actions I took yesterday evening.  I was working on the premise that one of those files must store the hash-table, and I did see the secmod.db file (no signon) in the default of ~/.mozilla and secmod.db plus signons.sqlite in the ~/.mozilla/seamonkey directory.  I backed up the seamonkey secmod.db and cp the secmod.db from the default into seamonkey.  Fired up seamonkey and no go.

To be honest, this is more of a PITA than the issue with the bookmarks was.  But that part is sorted, and I know what I'm looking for now should this kind of thing happen again, so ... I'm happy with that result.

Thanks for responding to my call for help, Jochen!

AG

J.