Re: Iceape update in Squeeze has erased (?) bookmarks

AG:

> Today I accepted the update in Squeeze for Iceape.  However, this
> appears to have erased my old/ previous bookmark and password files that
> I used in Iceape before the upgrade.  I have searched through all of the
> relevant dot files and I can't see anything.  Is this standard procedure
> for a browser upgrade to erase files like bookmarks, etc.?

No. Package upgrades *mustn't* overwrite or delete any user data.

However, it is entirely possible that Iceape has changed the location
where it stores and reads its configuration. Do you know the place where
your settings have been previously? It may be somewhere below ~/.mozilla
or directly in ~/.iceape.

A "brute-force" method would be to search for a known filename in your
home:

$ find ~ -name bookmarks.html

But I don't know whether Iceape still uses the file bookmarks.html or
some other file instead.

J.
--
Quite often I wonder why I am not more famous and/or more wealthy.
[Agree]   [Disagree]