Re: no sound-SOLVED

On Sun November 22 2009, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I forget what app I tried, but I do recall one saying that the device was
> being used by another process, but I can't find anything running. where to
> look?

looks like this did it:
# /etc/init.d/alsasound restart
Shutting down sound driver: ERROR: Module snd_hda_intel is in use
ERROR: Module snd_pcm is in use by snd_hda_intel
ERROR: Module snd_timer is in use by snd_pcm
ERROR: Module snd is in use by snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm,snd_timer
done
ALSA driver is already running.

because now MP3's play again in Amarok. not sure what stopped it, why it
was "in use", or what happened!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800