Re: Different font rendering in Iceweasel and Google Chrome

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:20:10 +0100, Matteo Riva wrote:

(...)

>> At least under Lenny (in Gnome desktop) the default dpi was (wrongly)
>> setup at 86 dpi and I had to change it to 96 so all fonts look at their
>> right size.
>>
>> I'm also using TrueType fonts, mostly the MS ones (Arial, Verdana,
>> Tahoma, Courier New...) and now all of them renders okay in *any*
>> program.
>>
>> But I'm not sure if the problem you are facing can be related to this
>> at all :-?
>
> That's interesting, although I guess that would be more likely if the
> prolem was extended to all the fonts, not just one (or a few, I'm only
> sure about the example I linked)

That's an important point.

Are all the fonts rendering bigger than they should or just happens with
Verdana? If only one font is rendering badly, it is also possible that
the file is corrupted in some way.

OTOH, are you using TrueType (".ttf) fonts?

> -- anyway how can I set screen DPI?
> Option in `device` section in xorg.conf seems to have no effect.
>
> Thanks a lot for your replies so far

In Gnome, you can right-click on the desktop and select "Change desktop
background / Fonts tab / Details"

In KDE, it should be under Control Center (or "Systems settins", I dunno
the KDE4 way :-P) / Appearance / Fonts.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón