Re: Is Squeeze right for me?

John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Today I have two main motivations for going to Debian:

> 1) It's time to expand my knowledge of Linux, and I have no huge
> computer projects underway at the moment.

    If it is for academic purposes why sacrifice the stability you have thus
far enjoyed for learning.  Or, from another perspective, why not learn a
little more and be able to do both?

    Install VirtualBox on your Ubuntu partition.  Run Debian inside the VM to
learn it if that is your goal.  You can make a clean install, set a snapshot
to that point, then go about breaking the system, tweaking it, doing things
you might not otherwise do and when all else is said and done, if you can't
recover normally, just reset back to the snapshot.