Re: Which javas? (Was java / iceweasel)

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:53:43AM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 10:21:20PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:52:23 -0500, Ken Heard wrote:
> >

> [snip]
>

> > For example, I am using a fax program that works better with the Sun's
> > JRE Java. Also, there are some online banks that requiere the Sun's java
> > version in order to make online operations.
> >
> > But if you have no special "java needs", then you are fine with the open
> > version.
>
> I have (previously) found a few web site where the openjre plugin
> doesn't work
>

> hope this isn't going to be one of those occasions where the dev's say
> 'well it works most of the time, so thats good enough' I haven't had any
> problems with the sun plugin it work each and every time.

I thought I would try the icedtea plugin but it failed - it was a
internet trading site.....

--
"My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the -- in the Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen."

	- George W. Bush
08/13/2001
Crawford, TX