Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:17, Allen<GedankeZauberer@comcast.net> wrote:
> desktop environment OR window manager: KDE, Gnome, LXDE, Window Maker,
> Enlightenment, FVWM, FVWM2, FVWM Crystal (Yes, I do in fact use every one of
> those, all the time. I like having options on how my desktop will behave at
> any given time, and sometimes I want one that looks different like FVWM or
> WindowMaker.)

am sure am not the only one curious how you juggle all this diversity

> e-mail client:
> GUI Based; Kmail, Novell, Sylpheed, Balsa when it used to work with comcast
> was awesome.
> Text Based; Mutt
> file manager: Konqueror, hatever Gnome uses now....The one from Enlightenment.
> ftp client: GFTP hands down. I use it all the time
> games: dungeoncrawl!!!!  And basically every FPS from id (DooM, DooM2, Final
> DooM, DooM3, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 3, Quake 4) and The UT games.

so u've played all these!

> image creator/editor: Gimp
> image viewer: kuickshow
> misc utilities: XMMS, zsh, Perl, Python, rxvt, Bunzip2, 7zip...
> package manager: Yast2, APT, PKGTOOL, Swaret I guess

nice one that you mention Yast2. You still using SuSE (or derivative)?

> pdf/ps-reader: No clue

EG Evince, xpdf...

>  terminal emulator: Eterm, Wterm, Xterm, Aterm, Konsole
> text editor: Emacs and Vi
> video player: Xine
> web browser: Opera, Elinks, Links, Lynx, Netscape when it was around....
> Seamonkey

Opera and Netscape should have gone to non-free

>  word-processor: ABIword
> anything deserving great honours (EG. Linux, GCC):
> Sure would be nice if Opera and Seamonkey could be installed from apt-get ;)

Iceape is Debian's unbranded version, though it currently is available
only from Etch and Sid:

my place on the web: