Re: Inquiry:How to set the Debian server to be automatically rebooted at pre-specified times ?

Thank you very much for your reply . Can you please do me favor and let me know what is the equivalent of Linux "/etc/rc.local" bootup script in Debian ? In Linux , I put the "crontab crontab.txt" in /etc/rc.local bootup script but where I am expected to put it under my Debian server ?
Thank you in advance

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Javier Barroso <javibarroso@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 9:00 AM, hadi motamedi <motamedi24@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry . I do not send any message to you Gentlemen before searching in
> Google . But my specific question is why my crontab settings vanish when my
> Debian server gets rebooted ? I want to set it to be automaticallt rebooted
> at 2:00 A.M. each day . But after the first reboot my crontab job will
> disappear . I asked you to see if you can help me in this regard .
> Sorry bothering you and thank you in advance
Then you should explain better your problem, your solution in August
(that which put crontab in local.rc) was not fine.

Use /etc/cron.d/ directory to schedule this task.

Regards,