Re: Inquiry:How to set the Debian server to be automatically rebooted at pre-specified times ?

Thank you for your reply . Please be informed that I checked for my Debian server version , as the followings :
#more /proc/version
Linux version 2.4.27-2-386 (horms@tabatha.lab.ultramonkey.org) (gcc version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)) #1 Wed Aug 17 09:33:35 UTC 2005
#more /etc/debian_version
3.1
#cat /etc/issue
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 \n \l
I installed the DECT package and the Asterisk SW on it . Then , when I set my cron job via "#crontab -e" and then reboot the server I saw that my cron job will vanish after server reboot . Please help me solve my problem.
Thank you in advance

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 07:31:18AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> Can you please do me favor and let me know how can I set my Debian server to
> be automatically rebooted at pre-specified times each day ? Please be
> informed that my Debian server version is read as "/proc/version : Debian
> 1:3.3.5-13" and I need it to be automatically rebooted at 2:00 A.M. each day
> .
> Let me thank you in advance

That looks odd: not least because there never was a Debian 1.

For comparison: here is /proc/version on the machine in front of me:

Linux version 2.6.26-2-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-19lenny1) (dannf@debian.org)
(gcc version 4.1.3 20080704 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.2-25))
#1 SMP Mon Oct 19 02:34:17 UTC 2009

[Lines broken by me - on screen it was all one line.]

>From this and other questions posed by you on this and other lists:

Are you _SURE_ you're running Debian? Did you install this machine with
its software , or did you take on a machine built a long time ago by
somebody else?

Send us the output of

cat /etc/debian-version

The machine in front of me gives 5.0.3

cat /etc/issue

gives

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 \n \l

It's always possible that someone installed a different Linux then made
it look like Debian to fool hackers e.g. by changing sendmail / apache
messages and others :)

All the best,

AndyC