Re: 2.6.31 kernels

Colin wrote:

> Cassiano Leal wrote:
>
>> I have a 4312 myself. Only way I can use the card is via the hybrid wl
>> driver found here:
>> http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php
>>
>> Unfortunately, it's not free. It works, though...
>
> That's what the broadcom-sta package worked with and it worked fine for
> me too.  Unfortunately, that package is no longer available in the
> distribution.

Exactly the same problem wit ha friend of mine who has a acer aspire eeepc
or however it's called. he installed ubuntu but couldn't use the network
card becausee of a bug with the card ids. I helped him install latest
kernel 2.6.31.5 but then wireless was not working. I think his id was 4315.
Reading about the issue I downloaded the wl driver from the broadcom
webpage compiled/installed and it worked.
So currently this should be the solution

regards