Re: Recommended Linux Backup

lrhorer wrote:
Other than tar and rsync, I have never used any Linux backup utilities,
and I am looking for recommendations.  I would like an open source
solution which will do the following:

1. Back up to removable hard drives
2. Span multiple target volumes
3. Maintain a virtual fileysystem so all snapshots look like a single
backup to the user.
4. Maintain an easily monitored index so the user can see which drive
will be needed for a particular backup or restore operation.
5. Be able to easily rebuild the index and virtual file system from the
backup drives (preferebly just one drive) if the database is lost on
the source system.

Rsnapshot is great:
http://rsnapshot.org/howto/1.2/rsnapshot-HOWTO.en.html