Re: Re: xpdf printing with pdftops

> >gs -q -dSAFER -sDEVICE=pswrite -dFIXEDMEDIA -dPDFFitPage -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -o %pipe%lpr -
> > Thanks for the suggestion. The first line works (more or less) on the command line, but gives the warning:

>GPL Ghostscript 8.62: **** Could not open the file lpr .

> (I say more or less, because an image isn't printed correctly but replaced by a blurry box.)

I would call that "not working at all".

You are very strict ;-) or I didn't express myself very well:

Despite the warning the file is printed, just that additionally I get the warning and a non-essential image is
replaced by a blurry box.

The first variant:

cat test.pdf | gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pswrite -dFIXEDMEDIA -dPDFFitPage -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -sOutputFile='%pipe%lpr' -

gives the same warning.

The second variant:

cat test.pdf | gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pswrite -dFIXEDMEDIA -dPDFFitPage -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -sOutputFile=- - | lpr

works without warning (but still with the blurred box replacing the image).

Inside xpdf

gs -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pswrite -dFIXEDMEDIA -dPDFFitPage -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -sOutputFile=- - | lpr

prints the page without warning, with the blurred box and unfortunately without expanding the page.

Thanks again

Andreas Gösele