Re: a cautionary tale w/ successful recovery

>> I am truly grateful that I had
> > good ones and the recovery went well.

For those of us not as Debian educated, you know like me who use Arno-iptables- firewall instead of Shorewall, I like Terabyte's image for Linux v.2. and if you're squeamish about paying a fee for this you can have the v.1.99 with less options for free. You can run it from its own partition or a CD as a boot disk for imaging any partition including the MBR on your choice of detachable or internal storage, the network version (v.2x) goes beyond the local host.

--
C.