Re: problems setting up screen blanking in X

green on 29/10/09 13:57, wrote:
Adam Hardy wrote at 2009-10-29 04:00 -0500:
I have checked that this is the only xorg.conf being read. The output from "xset q" for the screen saver (disabled in the xfce config menu) is what I think still needs to change:

Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  yes    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  0    cycle:  600

The timeout is 0, so the screensaver should be off already, but:
$ xset s off

DPMS (Energy Star):
  Standby: 0    Suspend: 0    Off: 0
  DPMS is Enabled
  Monitor is On

disable DPMS with:
$ xset -dpms

See xset(1)

That probably won't make any difference, but I'm not sure now of anything else...

I found from more searching that a few people have settled on the following to script a solution:

xset -dpms

but I'd prefer to sort out the configuration.

Has acpid anything to do with this? I have tried running without it, but it makes no difference. I also have kacpid and kacpid-notify running but I can't see how they were started - there's no init.d start-up script for them.

Thanks for the help,

Adam