Re: spamassassin best practices

29.10.2009 4:43, Umarzuki Mochlis kirjoitti:
> I got 2 debian 5 on vmware, both running postfix and dovecot-imap
>
> on server a, i already installed spamassassin and spamc (nothing else
> configured) and add .procmailrc in a user (user1) home directory with
> configuration as below:
>
> ## start .procmailrc
>
> MAILDIR = $HOME/Mail

Mail? It's Maildir in my Debian. But I use Courier Maildrop and Courier
IMAP, so maybe this is a reason..

> :0fw: spamassassin.lock
> * < 256000
> | /usr/bin/spamc

256000 is too small I think. spamc itself has a limit, and that is I
think at 500000.

> :0:
>
> :0c:
>
> :0fhw
> | formail -I "X-Spam-"
>
> ## end .procmailrc
>
> The setting pretty much puts all spam in folder Spam and Probablespam
>
> Should the same be done to server b?
>
> Do I need to copy .procmailrc to all user home directory in server a and b?

I have those in my /etc/maildroprc, so there is no need to copy them to
each user's own .mailfilter. Maybe procmail has something in /etc too?

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

A horse!  A horse!  My kingdom for a horse!
		-- Wm. Shakespeare, "Henry VI"