Re: Network Manager wants to access default keyring

(commented in-line)

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> wrote:
<snipped>
> You are using Debian testing, so I guess you use NM 0.7.

specifically 0.7.1-1

> If so, you have two options:
>
> Mark the connection as system connection in nm-connection-editor ("Available to
> all users"). This way the key is stored system wide (in
> /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/). That's basically what wicd does.

for whatever reason after I check the box (Available to all users) it
doesn't seem to "stick".

> The other option is, to use libpam-gnome-keyring. Set your keyring password the
> same as your login password, and on login your gnome-keyring will automatically
> be unlocked.

I've re-created my keyring and made sure that the libpam files are
installed.  Still the same message.

After rebooting I took a more careful look at the message:
"The application 'NetworkManager Applet' (/usr/bin/nm-applet) wants to
access the default keyring, but it is locked"

so is it actually talking about the little applet running in the
taskbar not having permission?  what's the workaround for this...
other than typing the password each time.