Re: [mutt] label mails with colored tags

Peter Jordan <usernetwork@gmx.info> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I plan to migrate from thunderbird to mutt.
>
> In thunderbird it is possible to define custom tags (e.g. debian with
> color red), so that the mails labeled with debian are highlighted red.
>
> Is that also possible with mutt?

Tagging is called labeling in mutt.

You can add a label header, X-Label, and have mutt sort (and color) on
that.
if you add the X-Label header, you can limit your view to that label
with ~y pattern (check the mutt documentation).

I basically label it with either maildrop (automatic labeling when mail
comes in), or editlabel(1) script

(1) http://blitiri.com.ar/p/other/mutt-labels/

--
John L. Fjellstad