Re: How to uninstall a kernel and *all* of its "dependencies"?

On 20091023_171514, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> 23.10.2009 17:03, Pedro Insua kirjoitti:
> > dpkg -L debian-reference-en
> >

> I have not this package installed, so says that command. What good does
> it bring? Documents? I never read documents from my disk, I read them
> from internet.
>
> I have used linuces from 1994, but Debian only maybe 2 years. Should I
> install it?

I can think of two good (IMHO) reasons for installing debian documents:

1) the documents will be available to you when you are attempting to debug
a problem that is keeping you from accessing the internet.

2) Google gives you a lot of hits that are really badly outdated information.
Of course all documentation is somewhat outdated, but documentation that is
delivered as the latest version of a debian package, is maybe less outdated
than most.

But, as always, YMMV

--
Paul E Condon