Re: Fonts looking bad on qt apps

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 09:42:28AM +0200, Jean-François Pirlet wrote:

   > Same problem here, Debian Squeeze/Testing amd64, Gnome, using e.g. LyX
   > or Kile. There seems to be something wrong with the way qtconfig loads
   > its settings when you're a normal user.
   >
   > As a normal user, doing exactly the same process :
   > $ qtconfig
   > [*qtconfig is displaying crappy looking Sans Serif*, setting a better
   > looking font, saving, *qtconfig now displays the good looking font I
   > chose*, closing qtconfig]

Installed qt4-qtconfig from unstable. Ran qtconfig, picked Liberation
Sans font at 9 pt. Now, everything looks fine. Did the same procedue for
root and so far things appear to be working well. In case of any
deviations, I will get back to the list.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

I'm glad we don't have to play in the shade.
		-- Golfer Bobby Jones on being told that it was 105 degrees
		   in the shade.