Fonts looking bad on qt apps

Hello,

Presently am running 64 bit debian testing on my machine. I am also
running 32 bit version on a different machine. So far, everything is
working fine.

But, I noticed that the fonts in qt apps like unetbootin, virtualbox, vlc
look crappy on the 64 bit system whereas they appear fine on the 32 bit
system. FWIW, I use either xfce4 or openbox as my window manger/desktop.

I checked that dpkg -l | grep qt on both the machines are identical.

Any one else has noticed this problem and found a fix for that? I would
appreciate any pointers to fix this problem.

Regards,

sridhar