Re: Fonts looking bad on qt apps

> Any one else has noticed this problem and found a fix for that? I would
> appreciate any pointers to fix this problem.

Same problem here, Debian Squeeze/Testing amd64, Gnome, using e.g. LyX
or Kile. There seems to be something wrong with the way qtconfig loads
its settings when you're a normal user.

However, as root, it works...
$ su
$ qtconfig
[*qtconfig is displaying crappy looking Sans Serif*, setting a better
looking font, saving, *qtconfig now displays the good looking font I
chose*, closing qtconfig]
$ lyx
Hey, LyX now has good looking fonts (and yes, I launched it as root,
which is probably not the best way to use it)...

As a normal user, doing exactly the same process :
$ qtconfig
[*qtconfig is displaying crappy looking Sans Serif*, setting a better
looking font, saving, *qtconfig now displays the good looking font I
chose*, closing qtconfig]
$ lyx

LyX still uses the crappy looking Sans Serif font. When restarting
qtconfig, qtconfig also uses it again.

Does anyone know where qtconfig saves its config? I thought it was in
~/.config/Trolltech.conf, but it looks like I'm wrong.

$ cat /home/jf/.config/Trolltech.conf | grep font
font="Trebuchet MS,10,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0"
fontPath=@Invalid()
$ cat /root/.config/Trolltech.conf | grep font
font="Trebuchet MS,9,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0"
fontPath=@Invalid()

(I guess the "fontPath=@Invalid" is not a problem, as it causes no
problem as root)