Re: [OT] List policy - [Was: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?]

Brian Marshall put forth on 10/14/2009 1:32 AM:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:33:28AM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>> I'm on T-Bird 2.0.0.23 (latest) and I don't have a reply-to-list option.
>>  Is this something I have to set manually in about:config?  Sure would
>> save me some time manually editing the recipient list with each reply.
>
> It's only in Thunderbird 3 (not yet released), from what I've heard.

Thanks Brian.  I grabbed the add-on mentioned previously and it works
ok, although it has some limitations and slight lag, which although odd,
is not alarming.

By limitations I mean that if I have a message highlighted in one
folder, then right-click a message in another folder and select "reply
to list" from the drop down, the list address inserted into the compose
window is that of the previously selected email over in the other
folder, not the message I right clicked.  So, it seems the add-on script
relies on an assumption that one is "list replying" to only the
currently selected message.  Not necessarily a bad assumption, but not
all people work in a "serial" fashion.  I sometimes find myself reading
one message and finding useful information that applies to an unrelated
email in another folder.  So, I right click on that other message to
reply to the list with this new info I found, only to find the incorrect
list address inserted into the new message.  Like I said, a minor
limitation.  The add-on still saves me far more time than it costs me. ;)

--
Stan