Re: Could you recommend CD/DVD writer program?

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:31 PM, Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:09:22PM EDT, Lee Winter wrote:
>
> [..]
>
>> This is an excellent example of why there should not be a globally
>> defined policy denying the utility of potentially useful features.
>
> No global policy..? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Spending too much time looking in the mirror?

Almost everything you write was flat-out wrong. And couched in an
argumentative tone that appears to invite a flaming response.  You
would probably enjoy such a response because it would make you feel
superior.  Thing is, I'm a sadist, so it is my intention to deny you
that pleasure.  Please suffer my neglect of your need in silence.

The fact that some people fear inadvertent embarassment does not
justify the administrative imposition of rules to "protect" all users
by eliminating options they would reasonably expect to have available.

Are you going to bounce message due to bad spelling?  Or bad grammar?
They are also embarassing and far more frequent.  Just how far should
protecting the members of the community from their own errors go?
Personally, I neither need nor want such protection.  If you and
others like you want such protection you should implement it at your
end and not impose your prejudices upon the other members of the
community.

One thing you mentioned, or at least implied, is certainly worthwhile,
which is the fact the the responsibility for handling messaging lies
with the writer, not matter how stupid and short-sighted the policies
of the list admins might be and no matter how malformed the mail
reader software might be.

So I will happily comply with the policies of this list and send to
"all" until sanity in the form of a sensible alternative evolves.
After all, if your email software is too stupid to suppress duplicate
messages, perhaps you should upgrade to a more reader-friendly
application instead of forcing everyojne else to change their behavior
to accomodate to the defects in your mail handling app.

Duplicatively,

Lee Winter
NP Engineering
Nashua, New Hampshire