Re: Configure wifi access / Free.Fr / WPA (TKIP/AES)

>>   I am trying a very simple task: connect to my wifi using a my
>> debian box. Setup: My wifi box is made by Free.Fr (French ADSL
>> provider). I did setup the SSID to be foobar, no broadcast, and
>> security "WPA (TKIP+AES)". I hit generate and it gives me a password.
>> I can connect using WinXP no problem.

About a year ago I had the same exact issue.  After extensive research and trial & error, the end answer was "don't hide the SSID".  The consensus on the forums I read (this is also a hot topic in Ubuntu forums) was that hiding the SSID doesn't enhance security but can actually cause problems if nearby wifi signals use the same broadcast channel/frequency.  Also it is claimed to be less secure because your computer has to broadcast the SSID in order to connect to the hidden SSID on the router, so your SSID is basically broadcast anyway, just from the computer side instead of the router side.

So, if you're okay with unhiding your SSID, your problem will be solved in about 2 minutes by accessing your router's firmware.  Otherwise I'm not sure you'll get it resolved.

Mark