Re: Configure wifi access / Free.Fr / WPA (TKIP/AES)

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 14:03:22 +0200
Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>   I am trying a very simple task: connect to my wifi using a my
> debian box. Setup: My wifi box is made by Free.Fr (French ADSL
> provider). I did setup the SSID to be foobar, no broadcast, and
> security "WPA (TKIP+AES)". I hit generate and it gives me a password.
> I can connect using WinXP no problem.
>
>   Now if I try to connect with my debian box, I click on the
> network-manager and select 'Connect to Hidden Network', set security
> to 'WPA/WPA2 Personal' and copy paste the password as I would do on
> winxp. It does not connect at all.
>   I tried then:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Manual-Howto#AuthenticatewithwpausingPSKTKIP.
> It still does not work and I get (*). What am I doing wrong ? What are
> the tool to understand what is going on wrong ? Should I select
> another type of security ?

I)  Turn off security entirely, and see if you can connect.  If you get
the same failure, we can rule that out as the problem.

II) Post the relevant logs (syslog, perhaps dmesg).  These are
invaluable in determining what's happening.

Celejar