Re: Mini 10v

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Andrei Popescu
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> - because it's on a stick it has no swap
> - this machine is good enough for the typical MPEG-4 movies (on my
>  hi-res TV), but I don't want to risk skips in the middle of the movie
>  just because postfix is running it's queue or whatever.

I seriously doubt that you'll experience hiccups like that. Until I
moved anent to a different internet provider, I was connected via DSL
and I ran my own mail server (postfix) 24/7 on an Athlon Thunderbird
(1000 mhz, which initially had 256 megs of RAM (this was in 2001) and
later memory was increased to 768k.

Even though I was doing some rather heavy processing most of the time,
including not only watching movies, but doing a ton of video
conversions (some having run overnight if not longer) I never noticed
any slowdown that could be attributable to postfix and spamassassin. I
didn't run a mail server really, in that I wasn't serving mail for
users other than myself, but I was subscribed to some rather busy
mailing lists (including this one), so postfix was kept busy, since I
rarely if ever did pop3.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.