Re: Mini 10v

On Wednesday 23 September 2009 06:04:50 Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 09:39:14PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > Considering the class of machine this is (highly portable,
> > personal machine) it is highly unlikely that it would ever needs a
> > resident MTA.
>
> I agree with "it would ever needs a resident MTA".

Odd.  My highly portable, personal laptop runs an MTA (which doubles as an
MDA) that I use for sending both local and remote mail.  The MTA just uses my
VPS as a smarthost for remote mail, but it handles local mail so I can get
notifications from cron, anacron, at, etc.

All UNIX and Linux boxes should have an MTA.  It doesn't always need to listen
on 25 or 587, but both postfix and exim4 support that.