Re: [solved] Starting MTA:

On 09/18/2009 02:07 PM, ludovico van wrote:
Agreed.  Cron and anacron both need a mailer to inform you of errors and
various packages install cron jobs implicitly.

However, isn't there a local-only mailer that respects /etc/aliases and is
lighter-weight than exim4?

what i do on my computers is putting
QUEUERUNNER='nodaemon'
in /etc/default/exim4

this way no exim daemon is started at all, but i still can get my
mails from anacron.

Bye

In addition to changing the configuration of exim4 as suggested by Florian I also changed the above mentioned option
and now booting is fast and I have not encountered any problems (so far).

Thanks.

--

kdjantzen