Re: Starting MTA:

2009/9/17 K. Jantzen <k.d.jantzen@t-online.de>:
> Hello
>
> in the booting sequence of Debian lenny I see a line  saying
>
> Starting MTA:
>
> It  "takes ages" until  Debian comes up with "exim4". Thus booting takes
> quite some time.
>
> What does that mean?
> Do I have to have that?
> If not, how can I get rid of it.
> Thanks.
> --
>
> kdjantzen
>

> --

Hi,

If you just got a desktop or laptop setup you don't really need a mail
server running. So removal is very simple all you have to do is:

apt-get remove --purge at bsd-mailx exim4 exim4-base exim4-config
exim4-daemon-light

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
[IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net