Re: Lightweight alternative MTA? [was: Re: Starting MTA:]

On Mon,21.Sep.09, 01:28:21, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >Well the requirements were:
>
> >- respects /etc/aliases
> >- able to do local delivery
>
>     Then you need an MTA/MDA and just don't run it in daemon mode.
> I fail to see what the issue is with Exim in that case.  If runsize
> for the transient time it is delivering mail is a problem maybe
> Postfix with its non-monolithic architecture would help; but you'll
> need an MDA in that case (Exim fills both roles).

Huh? Postfix works fine without an MDA...

>     Personally I don't understand why one wants local delivery of
> those messages.  I toss nullmailer on my machines, have it deliver
> to my domain's MTA and get delivered to my normal email.  If I went
> the local delivery route I'd have 5 different local accounts to
> monitor.  :/

- I don't want to run a listening MTA on some machine just for that
- I don't want to send root mail via some external provider
- the bash mail notification whenever I login via ssh is enough for me.

Regards,
Andrei