Re: Lightweight alternative MTA? [was: Re: Starting MTA:]

On Mon,21.Sep.09, 09:58:45, Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> 09/17/2009 07:48 PM, Andrei Popescu:
> >>Agreed.  Cron and anacron both need a mailer to inform you of errors and
> >>various packages install cron jobs implicitly.
> >>However, isn't there a local-only mailer that respects /etc/aliases and is
> >>lighter-weight than exim4?
> >I'm interested as well.
>
> What about launching MTA from (x)inetd?

If I'm not mistaken that would replace one daemon (the MTA) with another
one ((x)inetd). What advantage is this supposed to bring?

Besides (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) cron doesn't need an
MTA listening on port 25, it uses /sbin/sendmail.

Regards,
Andrei