Re: bi-directional file-synchronization tool

T o n g wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows a good bi-directional file-synchronization tool that can
> synchronize changes to files and directories in both directions on
> different hosts, propagating the changes between them?
>
> This is mainly use to synchronize files and directories between my
> notebook and desktop (at home and at work). Any good recommendation?
>
> syrep is too limited, unison seems to be the exact tool that I'm looking
> for, just I want to avoid its dependency (OCaml) if possible.
>
> Thanks

Hi, so far I have not found any nice and useful software that can do this (I
mean with gui and so on)

The mentioned unison program failed the tests. May be rsync but not sure it
didn't do the things I wanted and I wanted to do it the way you can do it
in i.e. windows with some commercial software.

I was also thinking unison is just the right thing, but then I noticed it's
not really syncing like it should and leading to inconsistency.

regards