RE: bi-directional file-synchronization tool

T o n g wrote:
> This is mainly use to synchronize files and directories between my
> notebook and desktop (at home and at work).

I run a CVS server on Debian and use it to sync files between GNU/ Linux, BSD, and Windows machines.  CVS can do DOS/ Unix line-ending conversion of text files for you.

rsync might work, if you pick the right options.  But, watch out for clock synchronization and FAT filesystem time resolution (2 seconds).

HTH,

David