Re: migrating my lenny install from 32-bit to 64-bit?

Emanoil Kotsev:

> You are right, that I'm not targeting the same approach. Migration of data
> and services involves too much manual work. However I was thinking that
> after replacing the package sources in source.list you could force
> reinstall if every single package that has the status installed, pulling
> from amd64 should bring the packages to the 64 code. For sure there would
> be also some manual work to do, but less.
>
> Do you think it's possible?

Don't you read the replies to your mails? There is no way to tell apt
which architecture to fetch packages for. Not in sources.list nor
anywhere else.

J.
--
If I am asked 'How are you' more than a million times in my life I
promise to explode.