Re: Installing postgresql on Debian Lenny

On Friday 11 September 2009 15:30:50 Ricky Tompu Breaky wrote:
> I can't install PostgreSQL with aptitude:
> lenny:/etc/apt# aptitude install postgresql-8.3 postgresql-client-8.3
> postgresql-client
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> The following partially installed packages will be configured:
>   gforge-web-apache2

Since postgresql-8.3 isn't listed here, and an error message wasn't printed
saying the package couldn't be found, that means it is already installed.

> DBI connect('dbname=gforge','gforge',...) failed: could not connect to
> server: No such file or directory Is the server running locally and
> accepting connections on Unix domain socket
> "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"? at /usr/lib/gforge/lib/include.pl
> line 37 Error while connecting to database:
> at /usr/lib/gforge/lib/include.pl line 39.
> dpkg: error processing
> gforge-web-apache2 (--configure): subprocess post-installation script
> returned error exit status 255
> Errors were encountered while
> processing: gforge-web-apache2
> E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an
> error code (1)
> A package failed to install.

This is an error installing (specifically the last part of installation,
configuring) gforge-web-apache2.  If you read the error message, it basically
says you need to (re)start postgres.  Please try that and let us know the
results.

PS
	I'm CCing you because you have sent virtually the same message to the mailing
list 3 times, and have gotten replies to all of them, sorry if you don't like
being CC'd.  Per the Code of Conduct for Debian mailing lists
<http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct>, people replying will send
their replies to the list and will only CC you if you ask to be CC'd.