Re: /dev/ttyUSB0 communication - shell script - Watchport/H

On 2009-09-01 07:42, Tomek Kruszona wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
I just Googled "linux listen to serial port", and got several
interesting hits.

From reading those links, this Python snippet *might* work:

import sys
f = open('/dev/ttyUSB0', 'r')
try:
    while 1:
        l = f.readline()
        print l
except:
    f.close

I'll try it, but I still need to send commands to this sensors. tty port
should be also properly configured... I've found ckermit software and
picocom which looks promising. We'll see :)

Ah. Your original post only mentioned *monitoring* the "weather machine".

--
Brawndo's got what plants crave.  It's got electrolytes!