/dev/ttyUSB0 communication - shell script - Watchport/H

Hello!

I have Watchport/H sensor that monitors air humidity and temperature. I
can get information about monitored values sending strings (i.e. T<CR>
for temperature value) via minicom.
How can I get values from serial port (/dev/ttyUSB0) using a shell script?
I tried scripting in minicom and it works ok, but I get output in
minicom window. I'd like to use values from Watchport for monitoring
script so it would be great to get output to stdout...

Best regards,
Tomek Kruszona