Re: Tbird Reply To List (was Re: List Ettiquette)

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:36:39 -0700
> Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Marc,

>> As Brad said, it does not appear to be included in the outgoing mail,

> If it were, I would hope something somewhere would complain about the
> empty header, rather than just silently ignore it, even though a valid
> header exists.

    Er, you do know there's little correlation between the to and cc headers
with what goes on at SMTP time?  Those headers exist for the client, not the
server.  To the server they are completely in the data block and aren't
anything to complain about.

    As for the client side I don't recall if 2822 states there can only be one
 of those headers.  After a quick check with the all knowing oracle, Google,
looks like to and cc can have a minimum of 0 and a max of 1.  But that's for
the clients to complain about.