first post (a question)

I have recently had an issue trying to install Fedora 8 on an AMD K6
box. I have for years run some version of Red Hat on fairly old hardware, and it seems that my choice of Fedora 8 as a replacement for Red Hat 9 was unlucky in that the original spin of 8 didn't support AMD. Tonight I took a look at Debian's explanation of networking and liked the way it was presented. I also liked what I read about Debian's
approach in general.

When I looked at the release notes for the latest version, however, I saw nothing referencing AMD K6 processors. I don't want to repeat my mistake with Fedora (I need to purchase install media, having nothing with which to write cds or dvds). Will the latest version of Debian run on a K6 ? If I get a live disk, will that allow me to install over the Internet ?

Would appreciate any advice,

Buz Davis