Re: Trouble installing, getting deb file corruption errors

On 2009-08-30 18:03, David Steinhauer wrote:
I'm trying to install lenny (5.02, i386), and keep getting the following error:

Warning: file:///cdrom/pool/main/g/glibc/libc6_2.7-18_i386.deb was corrupt

If I tell it to continue anyway, one library after another gets the same error.

I checked the MD5 on the CDROM, and it was good. I burned another CD and tried again; then I tried a DVD. I swapped to another DVD drive. No matter what, I get the same errors saying the deb files are corrupt.

Any ideas?

I've had similar problems every time I've tried installing from DVD, and occasionally from CD.

As long as the CD ISO's hash is correct, I'd keep burning until I found a CD-R that works.

NOTE: burn at lower speeds.  8x or 12x is what I have best success with.

--
Brawndo's got what plants crave.  It's got electrolytes!