Re: List Ettiquette

Ron Johnson wrote:
> We keepers of the in-line posting flame are a shrinking minority,
> now dominant only on Very Geeky lists.

I have to agree. It's sad, but it's true.

But this is not only Gmail's fault. Long before it existed The Proper
Way of replying was dying. Outlook and Hotmail (which are so bad that
even the most geeky user probably could not send a properly formatted
e-mail with them) are probably to blame.

One thing, however, that is entirely Gmail's fault is showing e-mails as
a list, not a tree with ramifications. Along with the "reply" box in the
bottom, this causes unaware users to reply to the last message, even if
they are replying to what was said in a previous message. (Not a problem
in this list, but I see this happen in other places.)

--
You are farsighted, a good planner, an ardent lover, and a faithful friend.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br