RE: List Ettiquette

How come the list software makes it a hassle to reply to just the list?  The
CoC specifically states:

"When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon copy
(CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to be copied."

If this is official Debian policy, then why don't they set the Reply-To
header to be the list?  As it is now, every time I reply, I have to manually
edit the addressee list.  Hitting Reply only goes to the original poster.

-- Kevin