Re: "Waiting for root file system ..."

Emanoil Kotsev 写道:
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Niu Kun wrote:

Have you ever run update-initramfs command manually on the
pre-compiled kernel? I remember that I fixed such a problem once.
Hope this will help. And look forward to your feedback.
  nope -- as i mentioned earlier, i'm fairly new to debian so a good
deal of this i'm doing for the first time.  i'm certainly willing to
try this and, to play it safe, i'll try to update *only* the initramfs
for that earlier 2.6.18 kernel (i don't want to touch the working
initrd for the 2.4.27 kernel, for obvious reasons).

  is it as simple as

  # update-initramfs -k 2.6.18

???

Hi, I'm using custom kernel but I played also with the default one. I
already posted once that there is a problem with the update-initramfs ro
the make equivalent. The problem is  that if you are using let say 2.6.18
and upgrade to 2.6.24 the program is using the information available to the
system (which modules would be included in the initrd disk). So if I haved
some module compiled in in 2.6.18 it will not be included in the new
initrd.

Seems that here the opposite happens. You get your megaraid drivers included
and you don't want to have them in. I'm not sure if blacklist is working in
initram. I think it's safe to remove them from the archive. The other think
would be possibly to set the bios not to map the magaraid device to the
first bootable.

and last but not least it's pretty tricky to boot broken initram but not too
hard if you know the steps.
Would you please say something about this?
Or any useful link that can be referenced?
regards