Re: "Waiting for root file system ..."

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Niu Kun wrote:

> Have you ever run update-initramfs command manually on the
> pre-compiled kernel? I remember that I fixed such a problem once.
> Hope this will help. And look forward to your feedback.

  nope -- as i mentioned earlier, i'm fairly new to debian so a good
deal of this i'm doing for the first time.  i'm certainly willing to
try this and, to play it safe, i'll try to update *only* the initramfs
for that earlier 2.6.18 kernel (i don't want to touch the working
initrd for the 2.4.27 kernel, for obvious reasons).

  is it as simple as

  # update-initramfs -k 2.6.18

???

rday