Re: Evolution mail; Dumb question but I need answer

On 2009-08-20 21:56, Dean Sutherland wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:01:36 -0500, jfoster81747@gmail.com wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. <bss@iguanasuicide.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Evolution mail; Dumb question but I need answer
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:24:55 -0500

In <[🔎] 4A8D8E01.1080903@cox.net>, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 2009-08-20 12:25, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
[snip]

Evolution, KMail, and Mutt are first worlders.  Thunderbird and
IceOwl are first world translators.  Outlook and Outlook Express
are second worlders
"first world translators"???
They live in the first world but try to speak with second worlders. I'll admit my analogy is not great[1] and perhaps I was being a little... opaque... when I wrote that. ------------------------------
Well thanks for at least confirming that I'm marginally sane & not the
only one with this issue. I think I'll send a query to the evolution
developers. They claim it's a drop in replacement for exchange & it's
not quite. BTW Boyd attachment does work as long as the image was
inline to start with. Otherwise no go.
Thanks All!

Hi John,

Have you tried:

Select Message -> Forward As -> Inline [1]
or

edit---> preferences--> composer preferences---> forward style and
change it for the drop down and choose inline [2] ?

In IW/Tbird, Message->"Forward As"->Attachment succeeds at forwarding graphics-laden html mail to a gmail account.

--
Featuring GRATUITOUS ALIEN NUDITY